Collaboration Engineer / Team Lead, VP
Financial Services Firm
Sept 2015 – Present
Network Consulting Engineer
As a member of the Advanced Services team, I’m tasked with the full delivery of Cisco UC Solutions and Products throughout the entire project life cycle, through plan, design, implement and operate. I collaborate with customers to determine requirement and develop customized UC Solutions. This includes development of detailed design documents, implementation plans, training and operational support.
Project experiences have included complex global multiyear projects with leading financial firms as the lead architect. These projects have included designing and implementing solutions for over 150K phones, multiple Unified Session Management Clusters, and multiple Unified Communications Manager Clusters, Unity Connection and other UC Applications. Project highlights and experiences include:
Cisco Systems - Advanced Services
August 2009 – Sept 2015
- Large Scale Global Designs for over 100K Phones.
- Global Session Management Design and Implementation.
- Global +E164 Dial Plan Design and Transformation.
- SIP Trunking to Service Providers.
- Design and Implementation of ASR CUBE in a High Availability Scenario.
- Mega or super cluster designs.
- Developed and delivered customized training which has included end user, provisioning, administration, gateway configuration, SAF/CCD transfer and knowledge transfer sessions. Training session involved developing training content, and hands on labs, and solutions.
- Leveraging LUA, TCL, and Python scripting to address various customer challenges.
In addition to project experience, I contribute to pre-sales activates, developing design templates, application notes, case studies, leading innovation sessions, and internal technical presentations. I was a speaker at Cisco Live 2009 presenting on troubleshooting video communications.
Senior Network Engineer, AVP / Voice and Video Engineering
Lehman Brothers (Barclay's Capital)
July 2006 - August 2009
Designed and implemented unified communications and collaborations solutions across the firm. Led the firm’s initiative to enhance employee collaboration through the design and implementation of a firm wide desktop video conferencing solution using Cisco Unified Video Advantage and Cisco Video Conferencing Bridges. Worked with the Video Conferencing team to integrate the existing Tandberg and Polycom environment with the Cisco desktop solution to further enhance the solution. In addition to strategic project work, I provided design recommendations on various aspects of unified communications or collaborations technologies: Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Gatekeepers, Gateways, IPC Turret Integration, Avaya Integration, Video Conferencing, and Dial Plan Design.
- Engineered and Deployed Cisco Unified Video Advantage and Cisco Unified Video Conferencing for Call Manager
- Engineered and deployed H.323 video integration between Communications Manager, Tandberg and Polycom environment allowing video calling and conferencing across the enterprise.
- Designed and implemented a testing and certification lab to facilitate the design, integration and ongoing support of voice and video solutions.
- Developed reporting tools using SQL, C#, and ASP to understand video adoption rates, utilization and video performance.
- Managed the global dial plan and gatekeeper system.
- Integrated an outsourced helpdesk provider with the firms existing helpdesk call center solution. Deployed IP/IVR Solution utilizing XML queries to obtain the status of the outsourced helpdesk and route calls accordingly.
- Engineered SIP based integration with Aspect and CallManager 4.1 using Cube/IPIPGW
- Provided level III support to operations teams.
- Performed Unified Communications Manager 6.1 Validations and Upgrades
IP Communications / Network Engineer
July 2004 - July 2006 (2 years )
Designed and deployed small to large scale cisco based solution utilizing the cisco product line; CallManager, Unity, routers, switches, pix, ASAs, VPN concentrators and wireless access points. In addition to post sales design and implementation, my responsibilities include pre-sales functions, customer support, project management, standards development and business development.
- Senior member of the convergence team focusing on solution oriented project work.
- Hands on implementation of various Cisco technologies including, IP communications, network, security, wireless, and content solutions.
- Worded in various vertical markets some of which have included retail and financial.
- Functioned as both a project manager and lead engineer through out the project life cycle; planning, design, implementation and support.
- Performed level II/III support in addition to project responsibilities.
- Perform network analysis and design with a focus on datacenters, high availability, security, performance and voice communications.
- Perform project management functions; project plans, resource allocation, billing, and documentation.
- Project management experience includes small to medium size projects.
- Developed content for IP Telephony training, performed end-user and administrative training.
- Assisted with marketing campaigns for IP communications; coordinated Align’s participation in the Business Continuity Conference, developed technology demonstrations for both the BCC and SIA conferences, and have assisted with the development of print materials.
- Development of internal standards and procedures including; Excel pricing templates, proposals, Visio templates, customer training materials, project management templates, and labor costing templates.
- Provide sales support in the areas of proposal writing, presentations, customer meetings, design sessions, and equipment procurement.
Nation Wide Retailer
- Worked closely with retailer’s telecommunications team and Cisco’s account team in the implementation of an IP Communications pilot in various retail locations.
- Assessed and developed call flow strategy to improve store operations.
- Developed auto-attendant scripts to manage call flow for inbound calls in an effort to enhance customer service.
- Increased operational effectiveness through the deployment of wireless IP Phones. Wireless IP Phones enhanced communications between store management and associates as well as permitted associates to work the sales floor while maintaining phone coverage.
Employee Background Research Firm
- Designed and implemented a high availability network utilizing dual 6500 series switches in a new datacenter.
- Integrated HP Blade centers with the network infrastructure to provide flexible server connectivity.
- Enhanced the security posture of the firm by implementing multiple Cisco security products; FWSM, IDS, CSA, ACS and VMS.
- The security products have permitted the firm to insure the highest level of data security in an environment that deals with sensitive information.
- Performed as a project manager and lead engineer in the first production deployment IP telephony for the financial firm.
- Worked with management and end users to establish standard station configurations.
- The project required the coordination of various division with in Align and the customer’s organization.
- As a lead engineer I designed deployed a 200 user IP telephony solution. The project included various technical aspects such as; distrusted call manager implementation, redundant gateways, SRST, unity server installation and disaster recovery procedures for Unity.
Newark Public Library
January 2001 - July 2004
- Initially hired as a helpdesk technician providing support for over a hundred desktops at the main location.
- Spearheaded the development of standard images and desktop security reducing helpdesk requests by %50 percent.
- Rapidly promoted to a senior level position managing the internal network, systems operations, NPLHUB network project, developing IT strategies, planning and implemented ongoing IT projects.
- Architected and implemented the transition from a Window NT network to a Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory network.
- Leveraged Active Directory OU structures and group policies to enhance system management, and secure public desktops resulting in a reduction helpdesk tickets.
- Developed standard images and managed the deployment of windows XP desktops through out the organization.
- Architected and managed the redesign of the existing internal eleven site network in order to meet the demands of growing technology services throughout the organization.
- The central site network redesign included the deployment of a structured switching environment utilizing Cisco 3500, 4500 and 6500 series switches. The switching environment increased the network performance and redundancy by introducing a gigabit Ethernet core, VLANs, PVST+ and redundant hardware.
- The extensive growth of branch services also resulted in a similar demand for performance across the WAN. The performance demands were met with the deployment of a T3 frame-relay aggregating circuit and eleven T1 circuits for branch access. In addition, the existing ISDN infrastructure was then utilized for redundant connectivity in the event of a frame-relay failure.
- Cisco 2600 series routers and 2900 series switches were implemented to support branch operations.
- Managed the growth of internet connectivity services provide by the NPLHUB project through the implementation of ATM WAN circuits.
- Architected and implemented the transition from frame-relay to ATM T3s to aggregate member connectivity.
- Increased service levels for NPLHUB services through the implementation of T3 internet circuits and BGP routing to insure high availability services.
- Expanded free services to regional libraries by implementing and managing the following services; IIS web hosting, IMail email hosting, content filtering, domain name services.
- Cisco Communications Manager (CallManager, CUCM, CM)
- Cisco Session Manager Edition (SME)
- Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
- Cisco Emergency Responder (CER)
- Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX, TAPS, IP/IVR)
- Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS)
- Cisco Jabber for Windows, MAC, Apple IOS, Android
- Cisco IM & Presence Server (IMP)
- Cisco UC Virtualization / UC on UCS
- Cisco UCS Servers
- VMWare ESXi / vSphere Hypervisor
- Cisco CUBE ISR and ASR (SBC, Border Element, IPIPGW)
- Cisco ASR CUBE - High Availability Deployments
- Cisco Voice Gateways
- ISR G1, ISR G2
- MGCP, SIP, H323
- T1, E1, PRI, CAS, FXO, FXS
- Cisco IP Phones: 79oo, 8800, 8900, 9900
- SIP Trunking to Service Providers (AT&T, Verizon, Level3)
- Third PBX Party Integrations
- Avaya SM (SIP)
- Avaya CM (SIP / TDM)
- Trader Voice Integration
- BT Turret Systems
- IPC Turret Systems
- Global Dial Plan Design
- Complex Dial Plan Design and Transformation
- Globalized +E164 Dial Plans
- Call Control Discovery / SAF
- Large Scale UC Design
- Experience design large scale UC Solutions consisting of multiple instances of UCM and SME distributed across the globe.
May. 2002 - Current/Active
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
Nov. 2004 - Current/Active
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - Routing and Switching
Mar. 2004 - Current/Active
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - Voice
Formally Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
Feb. 2006 - Current/Active
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science